Texas License To Carry Laws Requirements
- You must be 21 years of age or at least 18 if in the military.
- You must have a valid government-issued identification card, such as driver’s license from Texas or another state.
- You must meet all qualifications to purchase a handgun.
- You must take an approved training course from a Texas LTC instructor. The course can also be taken online.
- Certificate of training (LTC101) showing proof that you completed the required course.
- Any other required documents asked for when you apply only. (varies depending on the person’s history).
Note: Non residents must supply a copy of their state issued ID or drivers license, a passport style photo and a LTC6 form.
License To Carry Fee:
The standard fee for the five year license to carry is $40. DPS offers discounts for certain people, you can see discounts here.
Texas DPS has 60 days to issue your LTC although most are issued within three weeks.